More on the Mindfulness Elective
When developing the Mindfulness elective, we utilised the latest research in neuroscience, neuroplasticity, neuroleadership and scientific research to understand the power of the mind and the ways we can harness our thoughts to enable greater productivity and workplace harmony. Research shows that individuals who invest in Mindfulness undoubtedly experience high-performance as a key trait from their learning.
By enrolling in the Mindfulness elective, you'll be able to apply the learnings in your own organisational context which will allow you to improve leadership and management throughout the organisation, enhance performance and organisational effectiveness.
Unit Convenor: Dr David Paul
Following completion of this unit, participants should be able to:
1. Understand the academic and research foundations of Mindfulness and think in a global context.
2. Apply Mindfulness by seeing the strategic picture and have the ability to utilise their own mindful insight.
3. Develop a comprehensive suite of Mindfulness tools to deal with organisational culture, leadership and strategy and other organisational challenges.
4. Implement a unique Mindfulness model or framework that create productive workplaces.
5. Utilise Mindfulness Practices to think innovatively and demonstrate creativity and flexibility, supported by research, when dealing with everyday challenges in the workplace.
6. Be able to develop self-awareness and demonstrate creative thinking skills.
7. Demonstrate a high order of skill through Mindfulness to communicate clearly and solve problems and develop continuous learning capabilities.
8. Demonstrate creativity and flexibility in the application of ethics, knowledge and skills to new situations, to resolve problems and to think rigorously and independently.
9. Reflect on their own learnings, demonstrate expert judgement, act on their gaps of knowledge and be able to empower others to be environmentally conscious and act ethically.
|Assessment Task||Learning Outcomes Covered||Due Date||Length||% of Overall Grade|
|1. Benefits of Mindfulness in an organisational context||1, 2||Week 4||1,500 words||20%|
|2. Mindfulness and Leadership||3, 4, 5||Week 8||2,500 words||30%|
|3. Application of Mindfulness in an individual context||4, 6, 7, 8, 9||Week 11||3,000 words||45%|
|4. Engagement and Participation||1, 9||On-going||N/A||5%|